Do you only have time on weekends? In less than 4 hours from Kampala is one of the smallest national parks of Uganda, Lake Mburo National Park.
Every Saturday we have a departure!
Perfect for a weekend of adventure for two on aromatic gateway or a group tour with family and friends
The park has a lot of animals within her boundaries. It is the only park in Uganda where impalas live. During game drives, you will see plains zebra, one of the largest herd of antelopes in Africa, lots of bushbuck, Defassa waterbuck, topi, common duiker, warthogs and smaller mammals like dwarf mongoose and marsh mongoose. After an absence of years, lions can be found again, but you need a lot of luck to see them. Leopard and spotted hyena are also residents of the national park. Lots of birds can be found too during a game drive in the park. In the papyrus swamps, the mysterious shoebill breeds and the shores of Lake Mburo belong to the best places in Uganda to see the African finfoot. So, don’t forget to make a boat trip on the lake.
Our Nature Lodges accommodation Mburo Eagles Nest is situated on a hilltop, just outside the park. Have a drink and watch the animals on the slopes of the hill. Unforgettable.
Detailed Tour Itinerary
To Lake Mburo National Park
To Entebbe/ Kampala
Included in the price for this trip
- English speaking driver
- Park entrance
- Game drive
- Bottled water
- Rangers in the parks
Not included in the price for this trip
- Laundry services
- Meals (around US$ 30-50 per person per day)
- Any other personal interests
- The first and last night in Uganda
4WD Toyota Land Cruisers
We provide cars and drivers. The cars are well maintained and our drivers are experienced and English speaking. If necessary, we can also get other cars.
What has this trip to offer?
- On top of a hill, with a stunning view of Lake Mburo, you will stay in Eagles Nest Lodge (part of Nature Lodges)
- You can choose “Lazy” camping (the tent is ready and fully equipped, showers and toilets are shared) or a room in the Lodges.
- All accommodation is on a BB basis.
- All transport is in 4WD Landcruisers with a pop-up roof and for everybody a comfortable window seat.
- Game drives and walks in the park, see lions, leopards, giraffes, Ugandan kobs, elephants, shoebill storks, etc.
- Boatride on Lake Mburo, see the animals at the waterfront!